Summer had always been my favorite time of year. After all, I’m born in the summer😉. But lately with the extreme heat and the mosquitos everywhere, it doesn’t seem as fun.
Since I found out how deadly the chemicals in everyday products can be I avoid chemical products like the plague. Especially if I can find a holistic approach to the problem. Those carcinogenic chemicals are what lead me to create Body Natural.
Every summer I would dread getting bitten. I hated the itching, scratching and scaring afterward. I also immensely disliked the smell and feel of the repellants on the market. Not to mention Deet should only be used in concentrations of 10-30 percent. The lower percentages for children. Knowing that, I was still very happy when I found an alternative to those chemical repellants.
Also, here is the link on natural remedies to help with those terrible bites
Good luck with those mosquitos👍🏼 So far the first one is from Dr. Axe and it works for me. I haven’t tried the essential oil one.
Homemade Bug Spray
- ½ cup witch hazel
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 40 drops essential oils (eucalyptus, lemongrass, citronella, tea tree or rosemary)
- one 8 ounce glass spray bottle
- Mix witch hazel, apple cider vinegar and essential oils in 8 ounce glass spray bottle.
- Spray over all portions of the body but avoid repellent in eyes and mouth.
Here is one I found.
Essential Oil Mosquito and Bug Repellent
- 10 Drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil or Wintergreen Essential Oil (all mint essential oils repel insects)
- 3 Drops Oregano Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Purified Water
• Mix Lemongrass Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil (or Wintergreen), Cinnamon Essential Oil, and Oregano Essential Oils into a small spray bottle.
• Fill the rest of the bottle with purified water.
• Shake well.
You can follow me on Pinterest for more natural remedies.